Аddress: Karađorđeva 2
Telephone: +387 51 663-740
Fax: +387 51 663-740
Darko Tomaš was born on 23 of August 1980 in Prnjavor. He is a PhD of economic sciences.
Tomaš finished elementary and high school in Prnjavor as the best student, and graduated at the Faculty of Economics, University of Banja Luka. He was awarded by special recognition of the Faculty of Economics and gold plaque of the University of Banja Luka as the best student. During his studies, he was vice-dean of student affairs. He enrolled in postgraduate studies in the field of financial management, and in 2008 he defended his master’s thesis entitled “Characteristics and Importance of Sampling in the Audit of Financial Statements”. The doctoral thesis entitled “Modelling of Internal Audit to Eliminate Fraud in Business” he defended at the same university in 2016.
Tomaš is the author of over 10 scientific works in the field of accounting and auditing.
Tomaš is father of two children.
- Assistant at the Faculty of Economics in Banja Luka from 01.03.2004,
- Associate at the Institute of Economics, Faculty of Banja Luka, from 01.11.2004 until 10.11.2008,
- Associate of the audit company “EF revizor” Ltd. Banja Luka, from 01.02.2005 until 10.11.2008,
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Development Bank of the Republic of Srpska, from 29.06.2006 until 10.11.2008,
- Associate of the audit company “BL revizor” Ltd. Banja Luka, from 01.01.2007 until 10.11.2008,
- Member of the Audit Committee of the company “Aura osiguranje” JSC Banja Luka, from 01.04.2008 until 10.11.2008,
- Member of the Committee of Education and Training of Accountants, Auditors, Financial, Personnel and Other Related Professions in the Union of Accountants and Auditors of the Republic of Srpska from 11.04.2008,
- Mayor of the Municipality of Prnjavor from 2008 until 2012 and 2016 until 2020,
- Director of the Health Insurance Fond of the Republic of Srpska from 2012 until 2016.